Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Drinking Hard

1_896884255l.jpg

When I was a child, I used to ask my elders, “what do you get in drinking alcohol?” They would just smile and not bothering to answer me. Then I would answer, “Nothing, just headache, stomache, feeling drowzy, just anything bad.” That’s what I usually think if I get to ask that question. And the purpose? Then they would answer, “Just to have fun.” But I don’t get it. How can they have fun if after that, they’ll have those bad effects?

When I was in my high school, my friends started to drink alcohol, out of my curiosity, I joined them. But unfortunately, that hadn’t change my idea of why people drink. I was miserable after we have drink alcohol. I think my world was spinning. I could not think of anything but my mother. I was afraid she’ll know that I was drunk and would ground me. Fortunately, she hadn’t. I put cologne all over my body so that she could not smell the alcohol.

Still, I could’nt find the idea of “Just to have fun.” I mean, I didn’t really enjoyed what happened. Alcohol doesn’t taste like cola, it’s taste is not that good at all. Then I’ve come to realized, maybe alcohol wasn’t really one of my trip. Just like in sports. I enjoy playing volleyball while others don’t. I don’t enjoy playing basketball but others are enjoying playing it. And maybe that’s it. It’s just not in my line.

After high school, I met a new set of friends. They are older than me. I was 17 at that time while they are in their 20’s. We used to hang out together often. Then we drink alcohol. I decided to drink because they wanted to, and as their friend, I don’t want to be left behind. I love their company, that’s why I joined them even in drinking alcohol. But the friendship that we had hadn’t lasted long. I have to go out. And find new environment.

Then I was moved to a place where it was really different. I met friends that drinks only occasionally. I mean very occasionally. Some are like my age and others were older than me. Their trips are malling, talking, eating, texting, the kind of environment that any mother would love their child to be in. We drink rarely. I drink because I enjoy being with them.

Then I met again a set of new friends. Never thought I would join them, but I did, and I did enjoy. We have so much in common. And alcohol is one of them. We used to drink often because we have nothing to do. But that doesn’t mean that our whole life depends on it. We are just having fun. Yes, right! “Just to have fun.” Now I get it.

The reason why I drink is to have fun. But that doesn’t mean that I have fun drinking it. But by the friends that I’m with while I was drinking. The conversations that we have while drinking. As we all know, if a person has drink alcohol, he or she may say things coming from his/her heart. Then you would know the real him/her. Those ridiculous actions that we made, funny things we do cause we think we are out of our minds, those were the things that I find it enjoyable while drinking.

But take this note:
Drink moderately.
Just don’t let it overwhelmed your life. Control it before it controls you.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Kian, nahan ko basa sa imong blog labi na kai about sa imong life. Well, okey lang mag inom basta kabalo lang ka mo limit.

Sa tinood lang wala gyud lami ang beer or unsa pana diha. para sa ako ang pag-inom para lang ma hubog unya mka express sa imong gipabati, sa imong kalagot or problema and partly lang para ma enjoy.

Basta kian amping nalang. miss you na and if naa you prob naa rako dari maskin naa ko sa layo.

anntot