Friday, October 31, 2008

TRIUMPH

One of the most memorable event that happen to me while I was in my high school was winning first place in Journalism. I was in the Copyreading category at that time. It was an inter-school competition and many students were competing from different private and public schools.
Who would believe that I could won such competition. I mean, we hadn't take it seriously since we're not that kind of interested. We didn't even practice. We almost ignored the invitation but it was required that our school should present some students to participate.
Many of us joined the contest since it was in different categories. And I was happy about it. For us, that day seems to be one of our bonding moments of our group. We were there to enjoy, not to win. If winning comes, then that should be the bonus.
The competition was done in all of the categories. Me and my other companions were still enjoying the day. A day with no class. A day with free meals and allowance. A day with full of enjoyment.
And the announcement of winners have arrieved. Even though we have not expected to win something, we still find it exciting to know whether we have won or not. It was then that my category was called. The tenth placer was called, then the ninth, eight, seventh, and so on until the second place. I knew then that I was not really there to win, but simply to experience. Then the first placer was called, and the name was MINE. Yes, she called my name. It was the first time that I can tell that I was really shocked. I was overwhelmed. I never thought I can achieve something like that.
I guess its better to expect nothing in such occasion like that. That day was really big for me. Something that I can be proud at. And others may feel proud of me. That was one of the days I can say that I have achieved TRIUMPH.

No comments: