Saturday, October 18, 2008

I’m a Volley Player.

1_177267127l.jpg

It all started when I was in my third grade in Elementary. I used to watch my sister playing it. The game called VOLLEYBALL. But that wasn’t my interest yet. I was playing chess at that time in our Sportsfest. Playing Volleyball seems to be hard, playing in the field and the heat of the sun against you. I prefer playing Chess because it’s not that tiring at all.

When I was in my fifth grade, I have no choice but to play Volleyball. My coach thinks that maybe my sister has taught me something about playing volleyball so he made me no choice but to play. It was hard at the beginning. I can still remember my first practice, it was a very tiring day. Playing it makes my arms swelling, and it does really hurts. But as time goes by, I started loving playing it. I enjoyed playing it with my team mates.
And in my sixth grade, I was made a Captain Ball by our team and a Spiker.

In my first year in high school, I didn’t really think that I can join the V-Team. I mean I was just in my first year at that time and there are many players in higher levels. And to think I was very young then. But they have choosen me out of all those players that have participated the try-outs. The most interesting part is that I get to play with my very own sister. She was at her fourth year at that time. Elementary games is very different from High School, this one is the real thing.

It was a very great experience. I was the second tosser and my sister as one of the Spikers. My sister and I were one of the “First Six”, and it was a great achievement for the both of us, especially for me. It was the first time that I feel the intensity of playing it. Many crowds are cheering. And it was very exciting. We even get to play in the Championship, that was the time that I was very proud of myself and to my sister. Our names were called, and other people were amused to find out that there were sisters playing in our team, and that was us. It was one memorable event.

I still did continue playing it in my second and third year. And in my fourth year, I was again made the Team’s Captain. But I was not a spiker anymore but a Tosser. I did a lot of hardship just to get that title. But it also brings big responsibility to the team. It was hard but I’m still happy with it.

My high school life wouldn’t be memorable enough without me being a V-player. All those practices and all those struggles. Waking up at dawn and practice then after that focus in our studies. It was very tiring but very worth it. Crowds cheering for you and feeling the intensity of the game. It brings me happiness and great satisfaction.

And now, its almost three long years that I hadn’t played volleyball. I really missed playing it. If given a chance, I’ll surely play again. And even though years has pass, I’ll always be a VOLLEY PLAYER.

No comments: